Fluent Fiction - Mandarin Chinese: Sunlit Hope: A Journey of Friendship in the Psychiatric Ward
Find the full episode transcript, vocabulary words, and more:
fluentfiction.org/sunlit-hope-a-journey-of-friendship-in-the-psychiatric-ward
Story Transcript:
Zh: 夏天的阳光透过精神病房的窗户,照在干净的地板上。
En: The summer sunlight filtered through the windows of the psychiatric ward, casting a warm glow on the clean floor.
Zh: 窗外的蝉声隐约可听。
En: The faint sound of cicadas outside could be heard.
Zh: 病房里,只有一张简单的桌子和几把椅子。
En: Inside the ward, there was only a simple table and a few chairs.
Zh: 魏坐在椅子上,低头看着自己的双手。
En: Wei sat on a chair, head bowed, staring at his own hands.
Zh: 他感到孤独,心中充满了无助和失落。
En: He felt lonely, his heart filled with helplessness and sorrow.
Zh: 他已经在这里住了几个月,没有什么盼头。
En: He had been here for several months with no hope in sight.
Zh: 这时,门开了,一个熟悉的身影走了进来。
En: Just then, the door opened, and a familiar figure walked in.
Zh: “魏,我来了。”莲微笑着说,手里拿着一个小包裹。
En: "Wei, I'm here," Lian said with a smile, holding a small package.
Zh: 魏抬起头,看见了他的老朋友。
En: Wei looked up and saw his old friend.
Zh: 心中感觉到一丝温暖。
En: A warmth filled his heart.
Zh: “是你,莲。你来啦。”他努力挤出一个笑容。
En: "It's you, Lian. You came." He tried to force a smile.
Zh: 莲坐下来,将包裹放在桌上。
En: Lian sat down and placed the package on the table.
Zh: “我带了一些你喜欢的东西,都是我们大学时的回忆。”
En: "I brought some things you like, memories from our university days."
Zh: 魏的眼中闪过一丝光亮,但很快又暗淡下去。
En: A glimmer of light flickered in Wei's eyes but quickly faded.
Zh: “谢谢你,莲。你不用这样。”
En: "Thank you, Lian. You didn't have to do this."
Zh: 莲叹了一口气。
En: Lian sighed.
Zh: “魏,我想你知道,我一直都很在意你。我知道你在这里很难熬,但我希望能帮到你。”
En: "Wei, I want you to know that I've always cared about you. I know it's hard for you here, but I hope I can help."
Zh: 魏沉默了一会儿,然后低声说:“我觉得,我好像永远也回不到以前的生活了。
En: Wei was silent for a moment, then he said softly, "I feel like I can never go back to my old life.
Zh: 没人能理解我。”
En: No one can understand me."
Zh: 莲伸出手,握住魏的手。
En: Lian reached out and held Wei's hand.
Zh: “我理解你。
En: "I understand you.
Zh: 我感到很愧疚,没能早些发现你的问题。
En: I feel so guilty for not realizing your struggles sooner.
Zh: 但现在,我在这里。
En: But now, I'm here.
Zh: 我会一直陪着你。”
En: I will always be with you."
Zh: 魏低下头,眼泪悄悄滑落。
En: Wei lowered his head, and tears silently rolled down his cheeks.
Zh: “莲,我真的好害怕。
En: "Lian, I'm really scared.
Zh: 这些感受,这些想法,让我喘不过气来。
En: These feelings, these thoughts, they suffocate me.
Zh: 我觉得,好像整个世界都抛弃了我。”
En: I feel like the whole world has abandoned me."
Zh: 莲用力抓紧魏的手。
En: Lian gripped Wei's hand tightly.
Zh: “你没有被抛弃,
En: "You haven't been abandoned.
Zh: 我在这里。
En: I'm here.
Zh: 我们一起渡过这段时间,好吗?
En: We'll get through this together, okay?
Zh: 就算再难,我们也一定可以的。”
En: No matter how hard it gets, we will make it."
Zh: 夏日的阳光继续洒在房间里,似乎在见证这两位朋友之间的对话。
En: The summer sunlight continued to spill into the room, as if witnessing the conversation between the two friends.
Zh: 魏终于忍不住,痛哭起来。
En: Wei finally couldn't hold back and started to cry.
Zh: “我真的好难受,莲。
En: "I feel so terrible, Lian.
Zh: 我真不知道该怎么做了。”
En: I really don't know what to do."
Zh: 莲眼中也含着泪水,但他坚定地说:
En: Tears welled up in Lian's eyes as well, but he spoke firmly.
Zh: “魏,不怕。
En: "Wei, don't be afraid.
Zh: 有我在,
En: I'm here with you.
Zh: 我们一起努力。
En: We'll work through this together.
Zh: 我会一直站在你身边,不论你遇到什么困难。”
En: I will always be by your side, no matter what challenges you face."
Zh: 魏吸了一口气,觉得心中的重量似乎轻了一些。
En: Wei took a deep breath and felt the weight in his heart lighten a bit.
Zh: 他看着莲,点点头:
En: He looked at Lian and nodded.
Zh: “好,莲。
En: "Okay, Lian.
Zh: 我相信你。”
En: I believe in you."
Zh: 那一天,魏感觉到了久违的温暖和支持。
En: That day, Wei felt a long-lost warmth and support.
Zh: 尽管前方的路仍然艰难,他不再觉得孤单,有了重新面对生活的勇气。
En: Although the road ahead was still difficult, he no longer felt alone and had found the courage to face life again.
Zh: 莲心中感到一丝释然。
En: Lian felt a sense of relief.
Zh: 他相信,只要他们一直这样坚持下去,魏一定会好起来的。
En: He believed that as long as they continued to persevere together, Wei would surely get better.
Zh: 在那个七夕节的夏日,两位老友重新找回了彼此的友谊和信任。
En: On that summer day of Qixi Festival, the two old friends rediscovered their friendship and trust.
Zh: 窗外的蝉声依旧,阳光依旧温暖。
En: The cicadas outside continued their song, and the sunlight remained warm.
Zh: 就像他们重新燃起的希望一样,充满了生机和力量。
En: Just like their rekindled hope, full of vitality and strength.
Zh: 故事到这里结束,他们都找到了新的希望和坚定。
En: The story ends here, with both of them finding new hope and determination.
Vocabulary Words:
- psychiatric: 精神病学的
- ward: 病房
- filtered: 过滤
- cicadas: 蝉
- sorrow: 悲伤
- helplessness: 无助
- figure: 身影
- glimmer: 微光
- flickered: 闪烁
- struggles: 挣扎
- guilty: 内疚
- realizing: 意识到
- silently: 悄悄地
- suffocate: 窒息
- abandoned: 抛弃
- firmly: 坚定地
- weight: 重负
- lighten: 减轻
- long-lost: 失落已久的
- support: 支持
- determination: 决心
- persevere: 坚持不懈
- surely: 肯定地
- Qixi Festival: 七夕节
- rediscovered: 重新发现
- trust: 信任
- continued: 继续
- vitality: 生机
- strength: 力量
- renewed: 更新的