Fluent Fiction - Mandarin Chinese: Finding Home: A School Trip's Unexpected Discovery in Savannah
Find the full episode transcript, vocabulary words, and more:
fluentfiction.org/finding-home-a-school-trips-unexpected-discovery-in-savannah
Story Transcript:
Zh: 夏天,阳光明媚,微风徐徐。我和我的同学们在萨凡纳历史区进行一年的终点学校旅行。
En: In the summer, with bright sunshine and a gentle breeze, my classmates and I went on an end-of-year school trip to the historic district of Savannah.
Zh: 这里有鹅卵石街道,历史建筑,还有满满的绿色植物。
En: This place features cobblestone streets, historic buildings, and abundant greenery.
Zh: 特别是福赛思公园,那里有着著名的喷泉和挂满西班牙苔藓的橡树。
En: Especially famous is Forsyth Park, with its renowned fountain and oak trees draped in Spanish moss.
Zh: 我叫莉娜,刚刚从北京搬到萨凡纳。
En: My name is Lina, and I just moved to Savannah from Beijing.
Zh: 我很努力,想要融入新环境,结交新朋友。但我真的很想家,有时候感觉很孤单。
En: I've been trying hard to fit into my new environment and make new friends, but I often feel homesick and lonely.
Zh: 我的朋友魏是一名交换学生,他已经在这里一年了,适应得很好。
En: My friend Wei is an exchange student who has been here for a year and has adapted well.
Zh: 他很友善,热情,愿意帮助我适应。
En: He is kind, enthusiastic, and willing to help me adjust.
Zh: 学校组织这次旅行是为了庆祝学年的结束。大家都很兴奋。
En: The school organized this trip to celebrate the end of the school year, and everyone was quite excited.
Zh: 我有点紧张,因为我还不太熟悉这里的一切。
En: I was a bit nervous because everything was still new to me.
Zh: 魏看出了我的不安,走过来拍拍我的肩膀说:“放心,我会帮你。”
En: Wei noticed my unease, walked over, patted my shoulder, and said, 'Don't worry, I'll help you.'
Zh: 在福赛思公园,我和同学们一起游玩,看着美丽的喷泉。
En: At Forsyth Park, I played with my classmates and admired the beautiful fountain.
Zh: 我试图和大家聊天,但总是觉得有点拘束。
En: I attempted to chat with everyone, but I always felt a bit restrained.
Zh: 魏总是站在我身边,介绍我给其他同学认识。
En: Wei stayed by my side, introducing me to the other classmates.
Zh: 突然,我们有点走散了。
En: Suddenly, we got slightly separated from the group.
Zh: 魏和我迷路了。
En: Wei and I got lost.
Zh: 公园里的人很多,我有点害怕,但魏依旧很镇定。
En: There were many people in the park, and I felt a bit scared, but Wei remained calm.
Zh: 他微笑着对我说:“别担心,我们可以一起找到回去的路。”
En: He smiled and said, 'Don't worry, we can find our way back together.'
Zh: 我们沿着鹅卵石小径,边走边聊。
En: We walked along the cobblestone paths, chatting as we went.
Zh: 魏对我说起他刚来的时候,也感到很失落,很想家。
En: Wei shared his own experience of feeling lost and homesick when he first arrived.
Zh: 他告诉我,他是怎么通过结交朋友,参加学校活动,慢慢适应的。
En: He told me how he gradually adapted by making friends and participating in school activities.
Zh: 我也和他分享了我对北京的思念和到这里后的感受。
En: I also shared with him my longing for Beijing and my feelings since arriving here.
Zh: 我们走着走着,终于听到了同学们的声音。
En: As we walked, we eventually heard the voices of our classmates.
Zh: 原来我们并没有走远。
En: It turned out we hadn't wandered far.
Zh: 当我们重新和班级汇合时,我感觉心情轻松了很多。
En: When we rejoined the group, I felt much more at ease.
Zh: 通过和魏的交流,我觉得自己更有力量去面对新环境了。
En: Through my conversation with Wei, I felt more empowered to face the new environment.
Zh: 这次旅行结束后,我变得更愿意和同学们交流,也更积极参与各种活动。
En: After the trip, I became more willing to talk with my classmates and actively participate in various activities.
Zh: 魏也发现自己在帮我的过程中,更好地平衡了学习和友谊的关系。
En: Wei also realized that by helping me, he found a better balance between studies and friendships.
Zh: 我开始感觉到,萨凡纳这个地方,不再那么陌生。
En: I started to feel that Savannah no longer seemed so foreign.
Zh: 我终于有了家的感觉。
En: I finally had a sense of home here.
Zh: 而这个新的开始,让我的内心都充满了温暖和期待。
En: This new beginning filled my heart with warmth and anticipation.
Vocabulary Words:
- breeze: 微风
- historic: 历史
- district: 区
- cobblestone: 鹅卵石
- abundant: 满满的
- greenery: 绿色植物
- renowned: 著名的
- draped: 挂满的
- Spanish moss: 西班牙苔藓
- homesick: 想家
- exchange student: 交换学生
- adapted: 适应
- enthusiastic: 热情
- nervous: 紧张
- unease: 不安
- restrained: 拘束
- separated: 走散
- wandered: 走远
- empowered: 更有力量
- actively: 积极
- foreign: 陌生
- anticipation: 期待
- gentle: 徐徐的
- patted: 拍拍
- admired: 看着
- calm: 镇定
- path: 小径
- loss: 失落
- celebrate: 庆祝
- balance: 平衡