如果说人生就是一段旅途,在交织着希望和失望的奔跑中展现生命的意义,严喆将带你踏上一段光影之旅,在经典电影《死亡诗社》《大卫戈尔的一生》《返老还童》中,去领略关于梦想,信仰和生命的思考。
---------------------
关于梦想:
《死亡诗社》 Dead Poets Society (1989)
豆瓣评分8.9
经典台词
场景:教室,基汀鼓励学生站在课桌上,用新的视角俯瞰世界
Mr. KEATING:Why do I stand up here? Anybody?
我为什么要站到这儿?谁知道?
CHARLIE:To feel taller.
感觉高一点
Mr. KEATING: No!Thank you for playing, Mr. Dalton.
不。谢谢你的幽默,多尔顿。
I stand upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way.
我站到讲台上是想提醒我自己,我们必须时刻用不同的眼光来看待事物。
You see, the world looks very different from up here.
瞧,从这上面看世界完全不同。
You don&`&t believe me? Come see for yourself. Come on. Come on! Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way.
如果不相信可以自己来看。来吧,来。一旦你觉得自己懂得了什么,就必须换一种角度来看。
Even though it may seem silly or wrong,you must try!
这可能显得很荒唐,或者愚蠢,但必须试一下。
Now, when you read, don&`&t just consider what the author thinks. Consider what you think.
同样,读书的时候,不要只想作者怎么看,想想你怎么看。
Boys, you must strive to find your own voice. Because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all.
同学们,你们必须努力寻找自己的声音。因为你越晚开始寻找,找到的可能性就越小。
Thoreau said, "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation."
梭罗说:“大多数人都生活在平静的绝望中。”
Don&`&t be resigned to that. Break out! Don&`&t just walk off the edge like lemmings.
别陷入这种境地。冲出来!别像老鼠逃跑似的。
Look around you. There! There you go, Mr.Priske. Thank you! Yes! Dare to strike out and find new ground.
看看你的周围,对了!就这样,布里斯克,谢谢,对极了!要敢于开拓新的天地。
关于信仰:
《大卫•戈尔的一生》 The Life of David Gale (2003)
豆瓣评分8.7
经典台词
场景:哲学课堂,大卫为学生阐述自己关于追求和信仰的观点
What is it that you fantasize about?
你们幻想要获得什么?
World peace? I thought so.
世界和平吗? 我猜想是这样。
Do you fantasize about international fame?
你们幻想获得国际的名声吗?
Do you fantasize about winning a Pulitzer Prize?
你们幻想获得普利兹奖吗?
Or a Nobel Peace Prize?
或是诺贝尔和平奖?
An MTV Music Award?
或是MTV 音乐奖?
Do you fantasize about meeting some genius hunk,ostensibly bad...but secretly simmering with noble passion...and willing to sleep on the wet spot?
你们幻想邂逅某位帅哥天才,坏得出奇,但是秘密闪烁高贵的激情,愿意跟你来个露水姻缘?
You get Lacan&`&s point .Fantasies have to be unrealistic...because the moment...the second...that you get what you seek...you don&`&t...you can&`&t want it anymore. In order to continue to exist...desire must have its objects perpetually absent. It&`&s not the "it" that you want. It&`&s the fantasy of "it."So, desire supports crazy fantasies.
拉康哲学的重点是,幻想必须超越现实,因为在你到手的那一刹那你没办法也不会再想要它。为了继续存在,欲望的客体必须永远无法达成。你要的不是"它"本身,而是对"它"的幻想。欲望与疯狂幻想相辅相成。
This is what Pascal means when he says that we are only truly happy...when daydreaming about future happiness. But why we say...the hunt is sweeter than the kill. Or be careful what you wish for, not because you&`&ll get it...but because you&`&re doomed not to want it once you do.
这正是巴斯可所谓的真正的快乐,来自对未来快乐的白日梦。不然我们怎么会说,"猎比杀更为有趣",或"小心你许下的愿望",不是因为你会得到它,而是因为一旦得到它,你再也不会要它。
So the lesson of Lacan is, living by your wants will never make you happy. What it means to be fully human is to strive to live by ideas and ideals...and not to measure your life by what you&`&ve attained in terms of your desires...but those small moments of integrity, compassion...rationality, even self-sacrifice. Because in the end, the only way that we can measure the significance of our own lives... is by valuing the lives of others.
所以拉康给我们的教训是:心想事成的人绝对不会快乐。最符合人性的真谛是,尽力活在你的想法和理想中,不要依据你达成多少欲望来衡量你的生活。而该以获得多少真诚、怜悯、理性,甚至自我牺牲的时刻来衡量。因为到头来衡量我们生平轻重的唯一标准取决你如何看待他人的生命。
关于生命:
《返老还童》 The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
豆瓣评分8.6
场景:本杰明回望人生的思考
For what it&`&s worth, it’s never too late, or in my case, too early, to be whoever you want to be. There is no time limit, start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope youmake the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you&`&re proud of. If you find that you&`&re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.
view more